- I don't need to LIE to my children about a fat man in a red suit (and everything else associated with that LIE).
- I don't feel obligated to spend money that I don't have just to satisfy the greed of others.
- I don't have fill my home with a tree or any of the other pagan symbols associated with the holiday.
- I don't have to wait in line to returns gifts that I never wanted in the first place.
- I don't dishonor God by celebrating a day that is important only in the worship of the sun and other pagan deities, and not associated with Christ until falsely done so centuries after his birth.
- I don't need to attempt to put Christ back into something that he was never in to begin with.
- I don't need to spend money to buy lights to decorate my home, or the electricity to use those lights.
Friday, December 24, 2010
I have never celebrated x-mess. I am very glad of that fact for several reasons. Here are some of those reasons, in no particular order.
Posted by Craig Pifer